Email MeSteve C. Edelman
Personal injury lawyer Steven C. Edelman grew up in the the St. Louis suburban community of Kirkwood. His father, Bernie, was a noted and highly successful attorney in the St. Louis area. Growing up with an attorney for a father got him interested in the law at an early age. He showed an interest in his father's cases, and enjoyed going to court to watch the attorneys present their client's cases.
A 1993 graduate of Saint Louis University High School, Edelman obtained his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1997. He remained in Columbia for law school, receiving his Juris Doctorate from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law in 2000. From 2000 to 2009, he was the managing partner of a highly successful defense firm in Clayton, Missouri with his afore-mentioned father. He relished the opportunity to work with his father every day:
"My father was a great role model and teacher, and he was a masterful problem solver" Edelman says. "Through his example, I learned how to be an effective lawyer, advocate, and counselor for my clients."
Edelman's personal injury practice encompasses a variety of cases, including:
- Car and motorcycle accidents;
- Tractor-trailer, bus, and other large vehicle accidents;
- Premises liability cases, including slip-and-fall incidents;
- Dog bite and other animal attack cases;
- Wrongful death cases.
Edelman, licensed in both Illinois and Missouri, handles personal injury cases in both states' courts. He also practices in the federal courts throughout Missouri and has handled numerous appellate matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit.
He currently resides in Shrewsbury.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Large Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip-And-fall Incidents
- Dog Bite
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Car Accident
- Animal Attack Cases
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D. - 2000
- University of Missouri-Columbia - 1997
- Major: Political Science